Notifications
Clear all

Mom meeting Lisa for the first time

17 Posts
12 Users
5 Reactions
(@gracedarling)
Eminent Member     United Kingdom, Oxfordshire

Oh my goodness, Lisa, I just read your story and it's...so touching.

How I wish for such acceptance!Β  I can only imagine and fantasise...

My mum made some rather trans-unfriendly remarks when I was at dinner with them this evening so I thought...maybe I'll not share...

Love,

Grace

(@faye55)
Active Member     United Kingdom, Hertfordshire, St Alban

A very beautiful story well told. For several years my Mum had a really good relationship with Faye. We shopped, met for lunch and she would visit my apartment , many a time when I was out at work I would return to find she had dropped by and tidied up for her β€˜Daughter’, not that it was untidy, but the β€˜Daughter’ was never going to match her mother.

My brother found out and informed my father, Mum explained she couldn’t meet up anymore, a year later she passed away, my father and brother within three more years.

So Lisa treasure you mum, store the memories and be thankful for all you have with her.

Faye x

(@missyjo)
Estimable Member     United States of America, Ohio

Lisa

ditto, a beautiful story and well told, which some of us envy.

But alas, even though I'm pretty sure my sibling has n would poison moms reception of missy, I am happy for you n others that are more fortunate.

good for you n she both darling

thank you for sharing

hugs to all

(@missyjo)

DeeAnn

oh my God, we're you really in my moms as Friday she finally told me why she's been moping for 2 weeks? she doesn't know I'm trans but saw my unpainted long nails n earings n worried people would question her parenting, so long ago. I wanted to laugh, cry n say are you f..ing seriousΒ  this is about how your friends will perceive you? glad we found the main focal point. laughs

darling you're amazing. thank you for all you do for us.

hugs

missy

Ambassador
(@flatlander48)
Noble Member     United States of America, California, Cathedral City

Sadly, the β€œWhat did I do wrong?” thing is so prevalent. The problem is that people believe that we are all born cisgender and heterosexual, so something has to happen in order to change that.

BS.

I anyone has ever read coming out stories by gay or trans people, a common thread is that they KNEW they were different in some way, compared to their peers. They didn’t understand what is was and had no vocabulary for it, but they KNEW they were not like the other kids.

So, at single digit ages, what could have happened to them?

The answer is NOTHING. They came that way. Think about this. Conversion therapy doesn’t work, so then we ask the question: Why doesn’t it work?

It doesn’t work because you can’t change something that is innate to humans. Several years ago, a group of people who founded, led or worked in ex-gay conversion therapy organizations published an open letter. They realized that the β€œtherapy” doesn’t work and that more harm than good was caused.

https://bornperfect.org/former-ex-gay-leaders/

An excerpt from that text:

”We know first-hand the terrible emotional and spiritual damage it can cause, especially for LGBT youth. We once believed that there was something morally wrong and psychologically β€œbroken” about being LGBT. We know better now. We once believed that sexual orientation or gender identity were somehow chosen or could be changed. We know better now. We once thought it was impossible to embrace our sexual orientation or sexual identity as an intrinsic, healthy part of who we are and who we were created to be. We know better now.”

(@missyjo)

<p style="text-align: left;">DeeAnn</p>
thank you dear

yet we still hope those who said they would love n support us through anything, don't really mean it when they declare well anything but that...you're a monster n freak n deserve evil n pain until you repent..it still hurts n someday, it's hard ti block it out..but you know this, as well as this is part of why we kill ourselves so often.

that's why Lisa lovely bonding with her mom is soo so touching n lovely. good for them πŸ˜€

thank you ladies

hugs

(@terria67)
Honorable Member     United States of America, California

Hi Lisa,

Very beautifull story.

Thank you! ❤️Β 

Terri Anne

(@terria67)
Honorable Member     United States of America, California

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for this lovely sharing of your experiance with your mom.

Your story will be inspiration to others.

Best Regards,

Terri Anne

Page 2 / 2

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?