Notifications
Clear all

What age did you know you were transgender?

114 Posts
98 Users
0 Reactions
(@lochness)
Active Member     Australia, Avon, Sydney

I was older then 13 and a 1/2 months

(@Anonymous)

I was exactly 5 years old when I started to feel.... different. I know exactly when it started and why now that I'm older and can look back. But it wasn't until I was much older that I realized what it was that was making me feel different. If I'm going to be honest, I never had a sudden realization, it all happened sort of gradually and I'm still learning about it.

(@cloe-anne-webb)
Honorable Member     United States of America, Virginia, Fairfax

In a family of 5 kids at the time there was so much going on it was hard to even be myself, much less comprehend what was going on, but I do know at age 9 I did my first public crossdressing in my sisters jeans to school several times.Β  I can't say for certain I immediately associated it with feeling I was a girl and the shame I had received actually put me into a self repression that lasted until my early 20's and stunted my exploration to just enjoying underdressing.

(@Anonymous)

It was before school when I had my first trigger events for crossdressing, but it was starting primary school that really set my brain whirling (age 4 and three quarters). Girls wore different uniform to boys (no stupid tie for a start). Girls were called by their first name, boys by their surname. It was always girls first, boys second. From that it could have just been jealousy that made me want to change to being a girl, but I also preferred to be with the girls at break time. None of that rushing around, kicking footballs, yelling and shooting one another type of play appealed. I preferred the chatting, skipping and making daisy chains.

My childhood fantasy at that time: why couldn't those aliens kidnap me and turn me into a girl!

(@goldenglow)
Eminent Member     United States of America, Washington, Kirkland

I was about 4 years old when I discovered I wanted to be female. I had told my mom that I wanted to be a girl so she knew that I had wanted to become a girl. I had started crossdressing, wearing my sister's clothes and my mom started buying me girls clothes of my own for my wardrobe. I knew it was something I wanted to be at that young of an age. I was always into girls things like Barbie's and playing dolls and dressing up as a girl.

(@Anonymous)

My coming into consciousness I thought I was like my dad and brothers. Unfortunately I soon realized they saw me as like my mom and sis. I tried to tell my mom when she put me in girl clothes. After a while I gave up telling her... she didn't get it?...she didn't believe me? well, whatever it was I just didn't wear them. She got tired of fighting to put them on me only to have me take them off immediately. So I could just wear jeans and t shirt and be somewhat comfortable. Since then it has been trying to balance myself with what other people see me as. I am close to fifty years old and I am pursuing hormone therapy to change how my body looks. I think it will be the proper puberty I should have gone through and become as close to the guy I see myself (as and was meant to be), in my opinion. Thank you if you read my answer.

(@sarah)
New Member     United Kingdom, Gloucestershire

When I was almost five I was dressed up as an angel to accompany my two older sisters at a fancy dress parade.Β  I can still remember the lovely white silky dress plus wings I wore along with one ofΒ  my MumsΒ  blonde hair extension. My Mum has since told me that she had trouble stopping me from wearing the dress afterwards and had to dispose of it. I think this was the beginning of my gradual realisation that I was really a girl.

(@constanze)
Eminent Member     United Kingdom, Alabama, Chiang Mai

I remember asking the 7 year old girl next door after playing doctors and nurses if next time I could be the nurse, she freaked out and told her family,I didn't see her again. The earliest memory was sitting at my mums dressing table in the bedroom trying on her stockings (I must have been 4 or less). I remember telling her when I was about 7 that I wanted to be a girl but settled for being an occasional transvestite most of my life. I came out to my wife recently and now in the autumn of my years yearn desperately to be a woman.

Page 2 / 15

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?