Reply To: Any advice for picking names?

Anonymous

I would recommend that you have some type of a relationship with the name you pick, something that becomes you quickly and comfortably.  Maybe a favorite uncle or aunt, maybe a close friend from the past that was really special to you, but is now gone.  The name you pick should already flowing through your mind on some regular basis, and you remember the name as associated with love and respect.  Then you can step into the name and smile when you hear your name called.

My real name is Bernard Patrick Luke O’Sullivan Monaan, but now I am Lukcia Patricia Sullivan.

I have always hated Bernard, the creepy pedophile in too many movies; GONE.  Patrick was my Grandfather name; he was a famous artist and illustrated the original Tarzan novels, and a bunch of other stuff:  Patrick became Patricia.  Luke was my confirmation name as a little catholic boy.  This the only name I picked out back in 1958, way before skywalker: Luke became Lukcia.  My Grandfather was Patrick O’Sullivan, but he lost both his parents to the flu epidemic of 1918 (go-figure!).  A neighbor family, the Monahans adopted him. So I am really not a Monahan, I am an O’Sullivan, but I don’t buy off on the “O” stuff: GONE is Monahan and “O”.  ergo: Sullivan.

All of my new names have deep meaning to me, emotional meaning, connected to my past meaning; that all leads to greater depth of acceptance of your new chosen name.  In reality you didn’t choose your new name, but various happy and respectable elements of your past choose your name for you.

So many names are “faddish” in nature.  Fads fade, memories of where the name came from become thin and others don’t get it.  I would recommend against any form of faddish name selection.  Pick LOVE and RESPECT as your guides to your new name.  If it comes out of your heart, then you and your name will never part.

Love

Lukcia Patricia Sullivan

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?