Reply To: foster care

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

I didn’t go into depth, but what I was actually referring are the people who transition who leave the community. That’s fine, but they don’t admit that they are benefiting from the efforts of others. A number have said, in effect, that they don’t want to be outed. I’m sorry, but there are many things to be done within the community that are not public. To my way of thinking that is just an excuse and it likely related to a very privileged thought process.

I’ve read a number of accounts of the experiences of trans kids in foster situations. A lot of those experiences should just never have happened. The kids should never have been in those situations. The same thing essentially applied to gay kids also. Many of the people that make decisions are insensitive to the specific needs of those kids. Glad that the organization that you deal with is trying to avoid bad matchups. Definitely a plus!

There are 2 things in play that I see: Opinions and Behaviors. Behaviors are the important things as that’s where life altering actions occur. People can have the opinions that they choose, but when they allow it to drive their behavior is where there is a problem.

What you said about women versus men is not surprising. I think many cis straight men view trans women as turning their backs on masculinity. In effect, that makes us “less than”…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?