Reply To: ever doubted you were transgender?

I think it was only after years of therapy and actually going out into the community with other transgender women and men did I fully realize who I am.  I think when we are younger (I was 4), we have a feeling ‘something’ is not quite right.  It’s the way I felt, and I used to pray to God in elementary school to change me into who I felt like inside.  Back in the 80’s and 1990’s, there were a variety of MTF groups of crossdressers, not trans groups.  Triess, Powder Puffs of Orange County, etc. were mainly crossdressing groups.  They were all I had.  Alas, trans women were in the group, and some were out about it, which scared the hell out of the spouses who thought their husbands were just ‘crossdressers.’  I had one breakdown in 1990 when I came out, another in 1997, and another in 2012.  For me, it has never been about dressing, it has been about being.  I have met many wonderful people and have close friends in the trans community, but now I am beginning to believe I have no other choice but to finally transition to feel ‘whole’ and move on.  My greatest fear is losing the family I have worked so hard to build after growing up in a broken home.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?