Reply To: Am I transgender-asexual?

Sharon
FREE

Gender and sexuality are both spectrums.  People are diverse.

People do get confused between sexuality and gender.   I recently visited my parents and came out to them as transgender.   I called a couple of days later, and my mother was worried about me not having a sex life all these years, as I am married to a woman.  She didn’t initially understand that my gender has no relation to my sexuality.   I was faking it as a cis hetrosexual male, when I was a transfeminine wannabe lesbian.  Personally I like women, and love my wife.

Cis and trans people can be asexual or aromantic.   I have colleagues at work who fall into that category, who I have met through the company LGBT group.

However sexuality can alter when people transition.  Testosterone increases libido.  Oestrogen reduces libido, so could make someone asexual.  Oestrogen can also effect sexuality, making someone prefer male company.

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.