Reply To: Unsure of my gender identity – barely starting my journey

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Good Day:

I identify as transgender non-binary. In my case, what that mean is some combination of genders. What I came to realize is that I am this combination of male and female energies, perspectives, likes/dislikes, behaviors, etc. It only took about 65 years! By the same token, some do not align themselves with either gender. Again, in my case, there are not periods where I think that I am one gender or the other. My view appears to be a constant.

There are many here who have worked with a therapist in order to sort through gender identity issues. This is a good thing to do as a therapist can help maintain focus on difficult issues that we might not want to think about. The possibility of significant change can often make us avoid thinking about gender issues. However, one point is key. The therapist needs to be experienced in gender issues.  Patience is also very useful. These are difficult concepts to learn. I think it is because it is likely in opposition to how we have been conditioned. It takes time to absorb things and process then.

Thanks for filling out your Profile page! Members can use that to get an idea of what is happening for you. You can update the document at any time when something changes. The reality is that as other threads are added, this one will eventually wind up at the bottom of the pile. However, your Profile page will always be accessible.

If you want to search for other members, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

So, glad to have you and I hope that being here will be a good experience for you…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?