Reply To: Fear and Loathing in Texas

Anonymous

Oh Halie Quinn,

The hard part is over now!  It took forever for me to declare: “I am Lukcia!”.  Things started falling into place from then-on.  I am on estrogen therapy, and the two “stop-the-balls” drugs, but I found that I cried a lot.  Crying became critical to my approaching the prior 67 years (I wish only 40).

I just got back from the supermarket in my small home town where almost everybody knows almost everybody.  I wore a short pink patterned skirt with a deep pink sleeveless-T, plus a oversized white shirt called a boyfriend shirt.  My legs were freshly shaved, my nails polished with pink and glitter.  I walked up and down the aisles, did my shopping and then checked out.  It was so liberating, but it took a little time to get there.

I had to go to my town office the other day to have my official change-of-name documents notarized.  They all know me…I have lived here in the same house for 22 years.  They were professional and accepting (that is actually their job).

Halie: Take your time and find your truths.  Become Halie more and more every day, every good cry, every “Stepping Out”.

Lukcia

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?