Reply To: Fear and Loathing in Texas

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

What kinds of trans friendly places were you looking for?

At the moment, I would guess that the priority would be on getting started with a therapist or at least a support group. I think the key is about reasonable progress and not about rapid progress. When we attempt to move too fast, things get missed and ignored. As my grandmother always reminded me:

Act in haste, repent at leisure…

Regarding makeup, I had a bit of a circuitous path. I did a couple of sessions with a semi-retired makeup professional. She had many years of experience with movie and theater companies. She used Mary Kay products at the time and that’s what I started with. That worked fairly well, but then I discovered DERMABLEND. They are known for their coverage of imperfections.While it is a bit messier to apply, it works as stated. However, what eventually led me to seek something else is that at the time they didn’t have any products for very oily skin. For me, oils would bleed through in an hour or two. Weird; my face and scalp are very oily but the rest of my body is very dry. Living in the desert didn’t help either. Out of curiosity I went for a makeover at a MAC store. That was December 2017. They did have  products specifically intended for oily skin and I’ve been a customer ever since. The highest level in their loyalty program is MAC Obsessed and I’ve been at that for the last 3 years…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?