Reply To: Too Filter or not to Filter that is the question…

Sabrina MacTavish
MANAGING EDITOR

I actually have an article coming out on the 4th that talks about this issue. I posted it a month ago on CDH.

I do believe that there is a difference between those who are following a path of transition and those who just beginning to feel as if they are more than just a crossdresser. There is nothing wrong in trying to show how you feel inside, or to modulate some aspects that you currently can’t alter. I think where the line becomes more blurry is when some use programs and then present as the finished product. It’s one thing to say that I used a filter and this isn’t me but what I wish for verses, “Hello! This is me.” No one is happy with their current state, especially those who are trying to live as their true selves. Illusion, fantasy, desire, etc are ok…sometimes that is all we have to keep us going mentally. It becomes more worrisome when we choose to live as our created avatar and not as a reflection of a posted desire.

To this extent; yes, I believe it’s fine to use a filter, to alter a picture to look more in line with how we feel on the inside or to take care of certain aspects that trouble us. But…I strongly suggest that the need to only exist as an avatar is a reason to seek professional guidance to help find a firm foundation in reality of what we can truly be. None of us are perfect, and neither are the women/men who were born as such. We all struggle with issues of how we look. We come here for acceptance, but the most important acceptance of all is that of ourselves.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?