Reply To: New member

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Barbara:

Glad you found us! I hope that joining will continue to be a helpful experience for you.

We are contemporaries in that I am 72. I am also fortunate in that my wife is supportive of what I need to do. However, that is where we get to the:

“Same Thing…Only Different” part.

My social transition is virtually complete, but I have no plans for a physical transition. I am fortunate in that I’ve never felt that I was in the wrong body, but what I came to realize was that my thinking, my likes/dislikes and perspectives have always been an amalgam of male and female. When I hit upon that, it explained a lot for me. For all of the boards and steering  committees on which I sit and the club memberships I hold, DeeAnn is the person of record. Very few people have even met Don. It isn’t that Don does not exist, it is that he rarely makes an appearance. The most recent times were back in February and March when we got our vaccines. I didn’t want people fretting over the fact the my driver’s license said Don and I was presenting as DeeAnn.

I think we are both fortunate in that our wives have decided to deal with this new reality. Many don’t, or won’t, because they may prioritize the happiness of their partner in a different way. Clearly it can be a minefield and some have chosen to navigate it with us.

I encourage you to complete your Profile page. It helps other members get to know you and understand your journey. You can also update it at any time when something changes.

And finally, just out of curiosity, does your journalism and authoring work have a particular focus?

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?