Reply To: What age did you know you were transgender?

I had the same dream each night starting around age 3 that I met a girl, and I wondered what it would be like to be a girl and she wondered what it would be like to be a boy; so we swapped.  And, then (in the dream) an adult came in the room and took me to fix my hair.  There I was with long curls, a dress, tights and Mary Janes.  I couldn’t go back to being a boy (both wasn’t offered the chance, and didn’t want to).

I had that dream each night for years.  Nightly, I prayed to God that I would wake up a girl, but obviously that didn’t physically happen.  when I was 4 or 5 my babysitter asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, and I said I wanted to be a mommy.  she told me that I was a boy, and I couldn’t grow up to be a mommy, I would be a “daddy”.  That made me very unhappy.  It was the first time I realized that I wasn’t going to grow up to be a woman, a mom, etc..

Then, when I was 5, my grandmother caught me (saw me wearing a dress).  She told me I was going to Hell because I was a “pervert”, and then read from the Bible to me.  That was heavy to carry around.

I was baptized as soon as my church would let me (when I turned 6).  I prayed to God to save me from Hell, and make me not want to be a girl.  Obviously, that didn’t happen.  So, I have lived someone else’s life as best as I could.  I have considered myself to be playing the cards I was dealt.  Perhaps, playing them badly, but doing the best I can to try to make life work for me.

The results have been hit and miss.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?