Reply To: Dysphoria that comes and goes…

i think this is almost the norm, at least for people who aren’t making big changes in their gender path very early on. i think it can be assumed these feelings will never go away. what’s very hard is not knowing where they end. i am going through that right now, trying to find my conclusions. the idea of changing a lot about my body is really unappealing, but the idea of having to spend another 50 years as a man (i am 34) is also terrible. i see older men, and i just don’t want to be like them ever. they say women lose their “value” as they age, but i have seen some older couples where the man has aged a lot more gracefully than the woman and i know i would rather be her.

i don’t know what that’s supposed to mean, but it can feel like trans women whose conclusion is so much clearer don’t have a lot of respect for those of us who don’t jump to it as soon as we feel that envy.

the worst part is the way that women – or at least cis women, and certainly my wife can’t compartmentalise. she knows i have complicated feelings about my gender, and i know i need to explore. while she says she wants me to not hide anything, i don’t know where the honesty outweighs her anxiety at the thought of “losing” me.

i hope you find some answers. i don’t think they’re always that hard of adjustments, but that doesn’t mean we’re all prepared for them.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?