Reply To: Dysphoria that comes and goes…

Roz
FREE

I’m 45 and completely understand what you mean. I had one of the most extreme feelings of dysphoria this morning which lasted well into the afternoon. This has been happening more frequently recently. It has resulted in me joining this forum and seriously considering attending the Gender Identity Clinic for the first time. I have always repressed my feelings well until a couple of years ago, and coped fine, but the cycles of dysphoria are getting more intense lately. I wonder if it’s a male hormone fluctuation as I’m aging sort of like the male equivalent of the menopause with surges in hormone levels causing this. I don’t even know if I’m transgender for sure or maybe have some other psychological disorder. It’s hard to be subjective about myself. Having just been on holiday for 2 weeks with my wife and kids I have not had any time for my girly side to be allowed out so that’s probably contributing combined with the impending return to work stress. I have an almost overwhelming drive to paint my nails, put on makeup and get some pretty clothes on as I know I’ll instantly feel more relaxed then, but I still haven’t got the privacy to do so and it’s driving me crazy. Deep breaths and some personal CBT is helping a bit!

I hope you feel better soon x

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?