Reply To: Should I go to my local Gender Identity Clinic?

Roz
FREE

Hi Evelyn.
You are absolutely right about there being enough leaks to get me outed inadvertently. I know a quite a few psychiatrists, GU medicine docs, even breast surgeons, urologists and healthcare system managers who ultimately could all be involved in treating me/approving treatment if I go down this route and it’s that which scares me. Repeatedly being judged and talked about. But is that just something I’d just have to accept, I suppose so. Is it really fair to put my wife and kids through that as well? I’m not sure it is – it would make me feel very very selfish to make them pay some of the price socially for me. I’d realistically not have any control over any of that at all. Some people just can’t help themselves with juicy gossip, including some doctors sadly. I feel like I should relocate somewhere first but it’s a small world and I’m not sure that would help or is even particularly realistic. I have considered going elsewhere for a GIC but I’d have to go quite far and my wife would want to know why I was going to another city (she often tracks me on my iPhone I found out). There is certainly benefit in getting a professional’s advice on how to speak to my wife and even to get an external confirmation as to whether an independent doctor/psychologist thinks I am or am not transgender at all. I’m not even sure. I’m rambling now, sorry. Thanks very much for your advice. I’m going to further look into less local options for therapy.

Roz

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?