Reply To: My son has come out as trans

Emily Alt
UNITY

Hi Kayleigh,

I know several people that feel similar to your partner – that being trans is trendy or a phase that one grows out of. Decades of personal experience tell me they are mistaken.

I knew I was different when I was 4. Deep down, I’ve always wanted to be a girl. Those feelings came and went with cycles of exploration and purging. I’ve lost count of the times I tried to be someone I’m not meant to be. It doesn’t work. 6 years ago I got real and admitted I’m trans. I wish I’d done it 30 years sooner.

I know this is difficult. You have a daughter that needs your acceptance, support, and unconditional love. She is the only person that can decide if she’s following the right path. Allow her to be herself. And be honest about the challenges she will face. Some people may refuse to accept her. She may be bullied. She may face discrimination. Tell her none of that diminishes who she is. Help her build the confidence she will need to thrive.

I wish you and your daughter only the best. Emily

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?