Reply To: Take the T out of LGBTQ

Up until recently this wouldn’t have even registered on my radar.
As of late however, I’ve been visiting a few trans related subs on Reddit. One of them is a fairly large group lgbt and as I read through many of the countless comments and topics I realize how far removed I am from any of the topics they are concerned with. To be fair, there is a share of trans related ‘discussions’ but for the most part, questions of passing, hormone therapy, navigating new family dynamics are dwarfed by the never ending stream of help me am I gay/lesbian/omni/Demi/pan etc (and I don’t mean to belittle those people and their struggles but, by and large the needs and questions for trans folks is less about sexuality and more about identity.

Before I faced myself and admitted who I really was I was comfortable labelling anyone under the banner of LGBTQ as an ‘exhibitionist’ (I’m trying to be polite) and written the whole lot off. As I learn more about all the nuances involved in gender identity and expression I see that there needs to be a clear distinction between sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.

Who I am and who I love are 2 separate things. Even rereading this I’m not sure I’ve got it all figured out.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?