Reply To: Travelling

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

I own a MINI and every 2 years (pandemic not withstanding) they organize a cross country tour/adventure. I participated in 2018. There were western and eastern routes that met in Keystone, CO. The western route started at Portland and went southward to Los Angeles. I joined there as there wasn’t much point to drive up to Portland just to come back to Los Angeles as I was driving by myself.

http://s3.motoringfile.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/EE53E6F0-E908-40FC-9DFD-9772484BF605.jpeg

I stayed overnight in LA, Flagstaff, Santa Fe, Durango and Keystone and on the way back, Denver, Albuquerque and Phoenix. Included were stops at Winslow, AZ, Pike’s Peak and a few other places. I presented as DeeAnn the entire time. All nights were spent in major chain hotels, except for one night in a small woman-owned motel. I have a credit card in DeeAnn’s name, but my driver’s license is for Don. Of all the places I stayed, there was only one double take when I presented my license and credit card. Even with that, you could see the light bulb go off! Oddly enough, I was never mis-gendered even though it happens with some frequency in my home area.

In 2019 I spent a long weekend in the Bay Area and toured 2 Frank Lloyd Write designed homes that are rarely open for public tour. I rented a tiny house in Richmond and overnighted in San Luis Obispo in both directions. I presented as DeeAnn the entire time with no issues.

I think the important thing is to be confident and not self-conscious. People pick up on insecurity and that draws the wrong kind of attention.

3 users thanked author for this post.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.