Reply To: Can’t help feeling like it’s my fault

RozH
SILVER

Hi Mallory

I’m glad the hospital treatment is working and your child is now safe. It’s not your fault. Many of us parents carry eternal guilt and blame ourselves when anything goes wrong with our kids. It’s common amongst parents to blame themselves. But our kids are their own people with their own problems and stresses that we can often do little to fix for them and have to settle for just being there as a sounding board for them and to give support, love and hugs where possible. There will likely be many stresses in their life that can result in them feeling unable to cope and doing something impulsive that they later regret. We just have to keep supporting, loving and providing something to look forward to in life, no matter how small that might be. Hopefully the hospital has a good counsellor who can help. They usually do. Take care to look after your own health at home so you’re in good shape to help when your child gets home too. My thoughts and best wishes are with you from afar.

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.