Reply To: Hi everyone.

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Danielle:

Glad you found us!

While there are some similarities in how the lives of trans people progress, no two stories are ever exactly alike. There are too many variables. In my case, I came out in front of about 130 people and over the course of a month (October 2015) the finale total was ~210 people. Leading up to that, I had The Discussion with my daughter and son (both grown and married), 7 0r 8 close friends and my, then, department manager. I was 67 at the time and was 4 months from retirement. Further, I wouldn’t recommend what I did, but it suited me. I believe the important thing is to do what makes sense to you. There really isn’t a right or wrong here.

However, there is one bit of information that is significant. It is infinitely better to come out rather than being outed. If you are outed, you get thrown into a defensive posture and it is extremely difficult to recover from that. Coming out is about being able to tell your story, your way. If you lose the narrative, someone else will be telling your story, but it won’t be Your Story…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?