Reply To: Looking for Parenting Advice

Yes, I am doing research on the chemical blockers. I do have many medical questions about that, but as you say, those are for a doctor or psychologist. I have a recommendation from a friend for a good doctor in our town.

My son is definitely special and will be just as much whether he is a boy or a girl. I’ve told him this and I truly hope he knows it.

Specifically, he is trying to understand what it means to be a woman (or a man). It’s a lot harder than I thought it would be to answer. When I try to speak from my experience as a woman and what that means to me, he keeps pointing out (he is too smart sometimes) that I’ve already taught him that those things are not unique to femininity. Fashion/appearance choices, for example. He likes to wear yoga pants out of the house and shave his body hair (he hates it), for example. Mostly he shops in the girls section for everything except shoes (he is a size 12 already and has a hard time finding shoes in the women’s section). I’ve always taught him that there is no such thing as “boys clothes” or “girls clothes,” it’s all just clothes, wear whatever you like. Am I telling him the wrong thing? What would you tell him (from your journey ) about what it means to be a woman?

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?