Reply To: Hi all, I’m new here!

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Marilyn:

Glad you could join us and I hope that you will find being here to be helpful to your journey!

Understanding that our gender identity may be different from what we originally thought is not an easy thing to do. It goes against the grain of just about everything that we have been told. You have a start, but where that may lead is an unknown. For some, dressing is enough. Others need to be in the world from a feminine perspective. Still others need to transition. It all depends upon where all this sits for you.

Many here have found that working with a therapist is helpful. There’s a lot of fear, shame and guilt that happens for many transgender folks and it helps to find ways of dealing with those things. Also, understanding what’s going on with you will be useful for figuring out what you need to do going forward. However, it is important to find a therapist who is experienced in gender issues. Not everyone is.

So, a couple of housekeeping things:

If you would like to search for other members who may be nearby, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

I encourage you to complete your Profile page. It allows other members to begin to understand your situation and what’s happening for you. Also, the Profile page will always be readily accessible and can be updated at any time if something changes for you.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?