Reply To: Settling Into Our Lives…

Marianne
AMBASSADOR

Carefully thinking it over l decided for Worse. The social part has really been great even though the relation to my wife still is a very open question.

The big issue however has been the unexpectedly long waiting times in the trans care system in Sweden. It is now more than two years since my first contact and all I’ve had is two get-to-know each other meetings with a doctor and a psychotherapist. The next step would be seeing a psychiatrist to start the psychological evaluation but there are no spots available for new patients presently. I have been waiting since early March and will probably not be able to see someone until spring. After that there is a supposedly two year process to get to HRT, hair removal and voice training and another two to three years to get to top and bottom surgery and possibly FFS.

I feel this timeline makes it questionable if I will live to have any benefits from it all. I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease nine years ago at age 47 and it is right now going into a phase there more and more serious complications arise, leaving me increasingly limited in both strength and functionality.

I am not really experiencing gender dysphoria in a bad way but have always wished to experience life out of a female perspective. Transitioning seem therefore meaningless to me if l am confined to a wheelchair in a care home unable to tend to my personal needs once it can happen.

Marianne Tornander

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?