Reply To: Regrets?

Perhaps it is not my place to reply to this subject. I do finally accept the fact that I am a woman. Trans is an adjective that defines an aspect of my womanhood. However I have not completed nor started transition. I have contemplated it from every angle possible (I think) and long for full time womsnhood, as I have posted previously on other forum posts.

So why comment here?

I have spoken to a number of full time all-the-surgeries trans women. One is a doctor, who as part of her practice, works with trans-women at the beginning of their journey. In her conversations with me she spoke very confidently that I was trans. “Normal men don’t desire the things in your heart, Charlene. Women desire those things for themselves. Indeed you are a woman.” I had suspected such. Her thoughts helped to confirm and enable me to better embrace this life changing truth.

Those ladies I have spoken to all have told me that you are ready to transition when you come to the point in your heart where you would rather die then continue as a male. Now, I understand that may not be everyone’s experience, but it was the experience of the ladies that I spoke to and whom I trust deeply.

I haven’t begun trandition because I am not there yet. Perhaps I will never be, but in my mind the consequences that lay ahead of me for “failing to get this right” are too grave to “get this wrong.”

I have heeded their litmus test. . . . “you would rather die then continue as a male.” Thus, though a woman who is trans, I live with the constant tension between my physical personhood and my inner authentic gender. To be sure it is not easy, as no doubt we all know. And I envy and admire so many here who have been able to achieve your dream of authentic personhood.

I suspect that is why I come here to TGH. You all, where ever you are in your journey, help me to manage my own dysphoria until the day comes when I finally find whatever it is that one needs to find in order to cross the gender divide into authentic personhood.

Blessings,

Charlene

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?