Reply To: Being a trans woman and a licensed massage therapist

DeeAnn,

I found my share of people like you and they were the best clients.  It really shouldn’t matter who massages you.  In massage school, they brought in three alum of the school and they talked about this very subject.  Not the trans question, but men in massage.  Massage is seen as a “women’s” profession, sort of like nursing.  Men, that do it are seen as something weird, an anomaly?   I really didn’t put much energy into this question when I was practicing.  I just shrugged my shoulders and said whatever.  But because massage is such an intimate interaction between people and given people’s reaction to trans people, I am afraid that it would be even harder to get clients.  Thinking about this, I think I am going to try it but make my target market the LGBTQ community.  Provide a safe place and for people to come and get a few minutes away from life and their worries and get pampered.

I understand about arthritis in the hands.  I am developing arthritis in my hands as well.  I always had clients that wanted so much pressure that you were practically pushing them through the table.  At times to be honest it would have been a lot easier to have been on the table with them giving them a massage.  what has made it harder for me is a few years ago I was training for a tough mudder and I hurt my shoulder really bad.  It has since healed but I had to quit giving deep massages.  I know have to look for clients that like light to medium pressure.

Thank you for reaching out.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.