Reply To: I don’t care about ‘passing’ anymore!!!

Michelle Lawson
MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Rebecca, while I do understand polls, I have always felt they left out some options. Don’t misunderstand, but I’m just more of the narrative, expressive type. My doctors and the hospitals want me to take surveys, but instead I just wrote them letters. Anyway, back to your poll….. The term ‘passing’ is such a subjective word to many. For example, I am 65 and you can guess my hairline is receding just a bit. Okay, a fair amount. But I see some older women in stores that have thinning hair like mine, so for now I’m okay with things. So ‘passing’ can mean a world of things. To me, the big thing is ‘do I feel good about me’? and the answer to that is yes. But I also understand your context. Do I ‘pass’ enough to at least look like I fit in the world; or some similar thought. And asking, and thinking, about that question shows a degree of caring about the others around you feel, so as not to make them uncomfortable. I applaud you being courteous enough to care. Hugs, Michelle

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?