Reply To: Legal Process

I am in the US so I am sure it is different for you than it was for me. Each state here even has different requirements.  I live in Washington State and it was quite simple to change my name. I went when the court first opened and filled out the paperwork and paid my fees. I was able to get into the first court session of the day with all the criminals. The judge took my case first and asked me about five questions and signed the order for my name change.  Went back to the clerk’s window and she gave me a bunch of copies for the name change order.  Took all of about an hour to complete.

You are right the changing of all the documents is the real pain and took me about two months to complete it all.  Usually, as far as banks are concerned as long as it’s the same bank, it doesn’t really matter where you go to change your name.  You just need the correct documents that they require to process the name change.  In my case, I couldn’t change my name on my bank accounts until I had my social security card with my new name on it.  They didn’t care that I had a judge’s order to change my name.

As I was going to DOL to get my driver’s license and registration changed on my car, I never gave it a thought that I now had a feminine name on my license and no one there even questioned it. At least to me anyway. Who knows if they said anything after I left.

It’s just a time-consuming process but overall I never found it hard to do. I just spent an hour or so a day working on it.  Each entity had its own requirements on what documentation they needed to make the name change.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?