Reply To: What age did you know you were transgender?

Toni Hill
FREE

This is a question I find provokes a lot of thought and reflection on life’s journey so far. Really until recently I hadn’t realised I was actually trans. I have lived my life this far being unaware why I have felt so much dislike of my male exterior and never really fitted in with male company.  Looking back over the years I remember wishing I was a girl probably from about 5 or 6 that feeling has never left me but I had no knowledge of my being transgender. I repressed these feelings and got on with my male life. I have been married twice and together we raised 3 children. All my adult life I have cross dressed when alone but just thought it was a thing I enjoyed rather than being an expression of my gender. The feelings of gender dysphoria and desire to be female have increased so much over the past couple of years. I now believe the depression I have been treated for over the past 20 years is due to gender dysphoria. I’m now 60 and going through the steps to medically affirm my gender . Already taking these positive steps has helped.
I guess my constant research on transition especially some of the content on YouTube has helped me realise my true self.
In a nutshell, I have known something was not right with me since my childhood . I thought of myself as non binary about two years ago but now know I am transgender.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?