Reply To: Body image

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Dawn:

You have some interesting questions and they are certainly things to think about as we age. One all encompassing thought is that things are never going to match our expectations exactly, so it becomes a question of what we can live with.

Hair: I don’t have a lot of hair, so my initial thought was to wear wigs. I did that for a couple of years until I retired and moved to the SoCal desert. With 122F temperatures sometimes in the Summer, wigs are not a good alternative.That led me to wearing hats and baseball caps. I cut my hair pretty short and it works. On occasion I’ve even been referred to as The Hat Lady. I thing the moral to the story is that if we have thinning hair or baldness, our options are limited.

Skin: I’ll lump all of the skin related thing together. My understanding is that a lot of what happens, or doesn’t happen, to our skin is related to hydration (internally and externally). Internally has to do with our water intake. I don’t remember what the recommended amount per day is, but it can be found online. Externally it has to do with using moisturizing lotions. It will also help with the skin maintaining its suppleness.

Chest: That is a tricky one. There was a thread here about disguising ones breast growth before transition due to her work situation. It’s a bit of a tough situation as everyone’s body shape and mass distribution are different. As an experiment, get a set of the size forms that you would like to be and the appropriate size bra. While wearing them, see what you can do in terms of disguising your breast projection: loose shirts, t-shirts, etc. Also be aware that what works in cooler weather may not work for summertime.

Waist: One thing you didn’t mention was going to a gym. Their trainers can suggest particular exercises and help make sure that you are executing them correctly for best effect.

Let us know what you learn along the way and Good Luck!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?