Reply To: Poet's Corner

Anonymous

Yes I write some.  Here is a scene excerpt from the book I am writing, it is still in draft form so the final print will be slightly different.

Several matches later and still Samie hadn’t bumped into Marcus yet. There was only one sparing area being used now, it was for the last few matches, the finals. All the students and instructors were now sitting around the edges of the final mat, either cross legged or in a Seza posture. They were mostly huddled up engaged in hushed conversations or sitting like Samie, with a quite look of inner thoughts on their faces. The uniforms varied greatly in color and material, most were of the form fitted ones; but there were a few old school ones as well, heavy cotton that fit loose on the legs and top tied with a cloth belt, and a very rare silk Kung Fu uniform that fit almost like a simple shirt and pants. The one real consistency between everyone was that they mostly wore black belts, with just a few reds and browns mixed in.

Then an old balding Asian man wearing a simple black silk Kung Fu uniform with white toggles and no rank belt walked carefully to the center of the mat.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>His walk was odd, it seemed heavy, but with grace of a cat and he made no sound as he stepped.

<i>Definitely a person of power.</i> Samie surmised.

In a Chinese accent the old man begin to speak, “We have all seen an excellent display of Martial Arts, the eight schools were all well represented.” His speech was precise. “All who have fought have a valiant spirit and much promise of achieving the way.” He looked down at an index card he was holding. “The Tri State Collegiate Choice Semi Annual Martial Arts welcomes you to the final sparing matches.”

The old man spoke again after a slight pause.

“With out delay.” <span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>

Pause.

“Let us begin.”

Pause.

“Our two fighters in the first match are…”

Longer Pause.

“Samantha Brown, from college name goes here.

<i>Me??? I knew I did well but not that well.</i><span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Samie thought.

“And.” The old man continued.

Pause.

“April Saraganio, from the same school collage name goes here.

<i>I am to spar April in the finals, oh my god.</i><span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Samie sat in disbelief.

The students and instructors started to clap. As April, who was sitting across the mats and to Samie’s right, sprang from her knees and to her feet.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Like a tigress she moved into the ring and stood at the spot indicated by one of the referees.

<i>Look at her, confident, relaxed movements.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>How am I going to fight her.</i><span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Samie tried to remember April’s past sparing, tells, techniques…

Students and instructors started to look around and mutter, a few fellow students from College name goes here looked at Samie.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Then Marcus caught her eye as he was stepping on to the mats.

“Oh!” Samie gasped.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>She stood up and a bit shakily walked on to the spot facing April. She swallowed as she looked April in the eyes, her mouth was dry.

“Are your students ready Marcus?” The old man asked.

“Ready girls?” Marcus looked at April and smiled, then he looked at Samie.

Samie nodded as everything seemed to be closing in around her; the walls and the people on edge of the mats all got blurry.

Marcus and the old man were exchanging some words that Samie did not understand, either because of her nerves or because it was in a foreign language she did not know.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>They proceeded to the side of the mats as the referee moved up next to Samie and April.

The referee begin talking.

Samie, knowing she was in trouble, started the single point focus meditation trying to calm her mind as fast as she could.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>It seemed to work as her vision started to clear and her mind emptied.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?