Reply To: Advice for transition at work

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Thanks!

Related to what you said about referring people to your online presence, what comes to mind for me is that everyone doesn’t have a computer oriented thought process. I do, and certainly others do also, else sites like Angie’s List (now Angi) wouldn’t exist. My engineering career spanned 43 years including 6 years doing programming work of various sorts, but my history with computers goes back to the late 60’s/early 70’s when I took a few programming courses when I was in college. In more recent times, if I’m dealing with something that I know very little about, my first thought is to access the Internet and see what I can find out. But, that isn’t the case for a lot of people and we usually don’t know how computer literate and computer interested people are on first meeting. I look upon printer material as the first step. If they are intrigued by that, then the next step is checking out your online presence.

I think keeping the focus on your business and previous projects is a constant in all this. Regardless of how you present, the business part will always be true.

Question: In your online presence, are there photos or references to your former life? That would be something that needs fixing…

And YES, we do enjoy the weather here and it was one of 3 reasons for moving here. The other 2 being the fact that many come to this area to retire, which suggests that the health care systems should be pretty well developed. It turns out that it is the case. The 3rd is the strength of the LGBT community. I’m originally from Toledo and have also lived in Joliet and Corning, NY. You definitely don’t have to tell me about cold, snow and ice!?!? Done there, been that!!

Anyway, I hope things will progress well for you.

Keep Moving Forward and Be Well!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?