Reply To: Am I really mtf? How do I tell my wife?

Good point… I agree with your statement that CDs are on the TG spectrum.  For me that was a hard acknowledgement, and I’ve asked myself why.  Names can sting.  Especially in a world that still fears something they don’t understand.  In my professional mode, I ask questions about gender identity “Male ? Female? Transgender ?” as it states on the form. It’s not mandatory to answer.  I tell them they don’t have to answer or can answer “other” if they wish.   More often than not I’m met with silence.  Many times the reaction is as if I had just insulted them. This always surprises me.  That it’s such an affront to their vision of masculinity.  It took me years to finally understand that the clothes I chose to wear did not define my gender.   That I presented daily as male did not negate that I’ve always felt I am a woman. Self acceptance was the mental block for me.   I think the ongoing public conversations we see now in the media and courts about gender is healthy and is helping.
But we have a long way to go before women are on the bridge of the Star Trek Enterprise and referred to as “Mister” as a form of professional respect detached from gender stereotypes. When I see a visceral, almost violent response to the question of gender I’m often tempted to ask why the insult, don’t you love your mom? Your sister?

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?