Reply To: Welcome to Transgender Heaven

Hello, my name is Therese.

This is suppose to be an introduction but I have always had a hard time writing a paragraph or two where every sentence starts with ‘I’.

At fifty-two years old I live in Minnesota where I have lived for almost twenty years.. I haven’t lived here all of my life but I do now. Being born on the army base Fort Hood in Texas in 1969 you can guess my father was a soldier. My mother missed her family so I ended up being raised here in beautiful Minnesota.  It’s thirteen degrees now and it feels like a heatwave. I’m tempted to put on daisy-dukes and snow shoes.

It was around the same time as my fathers death last year that I started HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy). There was no connection between him passing and my transition other than they happened in February. To be honest I’m not sure of the exact date that I started. It was either February or March (I think).

After they divorced my mother dated a little bit and ended up marrying someone who could have been Donald The Cheeto Trump’s twin in all regards. He was a criminal, hyper-intelligent, mean, and a pedifile.  When she left him it was an escape. We had to leave when he was gone and we had to hope that he had no idea where we went.

We moved every two years give or take a year here or there. The kids were best not seen or heard, so my sister and I bonded by hiding from him in our rooms. This part of my introduction doesn’t matter though. It’s a lot like any other persons.  Beatings every day just because, raping my sister to show me what a “man” is suppose to do and be like. I only bring this up to show a point. I was to busy surviving and didn’t have time to really reflect and learn about my trans-ness till later in life. There were a couple of times when I knew something was up but I did my best to bury it away like everyone else.

Now, at fifty-two I am in therapy working through my own transphobia on myself and enjoying who I am.

Sorry for the long windedness and thank you for this space among others like myself.

Therese

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?