Reply To: New UK Trans-girl looking for friends and advice

Brielle
FREE

Hi Cassie, you are so brave! I have come out to my wife and most of my medical team, but no one else so far. I would like to alreday be FT as a woman, but I guess I’m just afraid of what other people I know will say or think (sound familar? giggle). My eyes, chin, mouth, and neck are far from feminine. But onec I get makeup, false lashes or mascara, and “lippy” on, it really changes my whole look. My avitar picture is unretouched. You woukd be shocked to see me in drab.

I guess what I’m trying to say is we all are very self-conscious of our look as we begin getting out. What you’ll find is most people won’t even know or react. They are concerned with themselves. You may get a longer than usual glance, and a few women may actually give you a sly smile that says “I know, but you are safe”. I would bet the other women in the salon would be encouraging and polite. The salon would want to maintain a safe place for any customer.

If you feel able, maybe call a couple of salons and ask if they are trans-friendly or have a stylist that works with transwomen. They may have accomodations like a chair at the rear of the shop. If that just isn’t a thing you can do, ask your mum if she has a friend that can help you with the makeup in private, or maybe she could call the salon for you and go with you. You could have a mum and daughter “spa day”! I think once you have a proper makeover your fears of going out will vanish!! I know I feel so confident when I’m all made up. Way different than the shy, boring guy I am the rest of the time.

I know how hard it is with Autism. For what it’s worth, I NEVER initiated social events with friends. I’m happy to socialize, but always resist picking up the phone. But when I’m Brielle, I’m quick to make friends and I somehow became more of a social butterfly. I need to work on my voice (a LOT!) to feel comfortable on the phone, but I’m lucky to have a local group on the Meetup app that has monthly meetings to socialize.

I’m just trying to give encouragement, so please only do what you are comfortable doing. Baby-steps are fine. One of the biggest things you’ve done is tell your mum – that’s HUGE! If the mask is a way of giving you security, just continue wearing it when you go out. You are definitely pretty enough with it, girlfriend!

Hugs,

Brie

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?