Reply To: New UK Trans-girl looking for friends and advice

<p style=”text-align: left;”>hey Brie :)</p>
Thanks again for the nice reply.

I have tried wearing lipstick but i still look like a male. It’s my nose that gives it away.

Honestly I am dreading the day grey say masks in public are no longer needed.

It’s nice that you have your wife’s support and I hope everything keeps going forward for you. As I said in my previous comment, I have heard alot of trans-girls do hide coming out until they have started hormones etc and carry on in ‘male’ mode in the meantime, and I get that, you have to do what you feel most comfortable with. But just personally for me, once I acknowledged i was female, I couldn’t go back to ‘pretending’ to be male. Even though that meant still looking very much male, whilst I identified as female.

That’s a good idea about the Salons, I will email a few and explain my anxiety issues.

I have been in a special support place for the last 4 months  because of my eating disorder, which hasn’t helped my transitioning because I felt very alone there, but I recently left there and moved back to my home town and into my mum’s house, which in itself is hard because I feel like I have lost some of my independence and almost feel like a teenager again – she’s already made a comment about how short my dresses are lol.

I don’t know about in the States, because I know you have a different healthcare system, but here in the UK the NHS is rubbish when it comes Transgender patients, they hardly offer any support and it takes upto 3yrs of been on waiting list just to start HRT. Everything else you have to fund yourself, which feels impossible when the costs are so high and your signed off sick and claiming benefits.

At the moment I am trying to achieve more realistic affordable goals,  like hair extensions, lip filler, eyebrow shaping/tinting.

I am hoping I may be able to find some local help groups. Where I live is a town called Blackpool and it’s less then an hour from Manchester, which has a large LGTBQ community.

I will upload a photo in the photos section, but I will have my mask on, it’s my comfort blanket lol X

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?