Reply To: Hi everyone:) my Name is Lexie

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Lexie:

You’re Here!?!? Let’s get this party STARTED!?!?

Well, more seriously, happy that you have joined us and I hope being here will be helpful as you make your journey from where you are to where you want to be.

While I have not been to Cornwall, I’ve been close but on the other side of the border. I retired about 6 years ago from Corning, Inc. and I spent most of a winter in the Canton, NY plant. During that time I visited Potsdam, Ogdensburg and one or two other places. Anyway, those are the coldest places that I have ever been. Anyway, I did eventually get thawed out!

After you have been here a while, you will see that the membership covers a pretty broad spectrum. There are folks who are trying to come to grips with their gender identity. There are others who have fully transitioned years ago and all stripes in between. It is that richness of experience that benefits everyone. However, while there are similarities in people’s journeys, there is no One Size Fits All because there are so many variables.

As you live in a relatively small town that is surrounded by even smaller towns, I suspect that finding transgender resources is a challenge. But, if there is something positive that has come out of the pandemic,it is the fact that many support groups and therapists are doing teleconferencing. While many may not be physically close to one another, at least teleconferencing does allow some contact with the community.

Currently I participate in 2 women’s chat groups; the longer one for over 2 1/2 years. In person we were at 18-19 women and 8-10 in more recent times. At various times most of the 9 towns where in The Valley have been represented, but we also get people calling in from San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara here is California, Las Vegas, Nebraska and Southwest Michigan. It includes women who winter here, ones who vacation here and those who are thinking about or planning to retire here. This would not exist save for the power of ZOOM. I hope that you can get connected with the community in your location.

In the meantime, it would be very helpful if you would complete your Profile page. It provides other members with a sense of how you are doing and where you are headed. The page will always be readily available and can be updated at any time.

If you would like to search for other members in your area, click on Social on the menu and then Member Directory. Canada currently has the 3rd highest member count at 866.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?