Reply To: How do we deal with verbal abuse?

I’m definitely not the best person to give advice on this but I have experienced threats, verbal assault, and physical violence for my sexuality and gender identity. I have also suffered long term chronic abuse and have PTSD from all of it. That being said I about die from panic attacks trying to leave the house (I manage tho and am working with a therapist.) I keep multiple “tools of defense” on me just for my own peace of mind and leave some intentionally visible to deter comments and harassment. Being able to defend myself eases my mind and then I keep a great set of headphones that allow me to hear ambient sound and turn up the music then the comments don’t really matter I focus on my music and give them a show.
it’s getting better working with the therapist and I’m building a lot of confidence.

2 users thanked author for this post.

©2022 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.