Reply To: When did you start to suspect you needed to transition

Aria
FREE

I have always been fascinated by the female form, and not necessarily sexually.  One of my earliest memories was of slipping on a pair of kitten heels that my mother owned.  I think that was the only thing I tried on for quite awhile.  I always loved to cook, sew and I learned how to crochet, my mom taught me all of that.

I think the first time I tried on any women’s clothing I was probably about 14.  I was home from school for Parent/Teacher Conference and my parents had to work and couldn’t go until after 5pm.  So, I had the entire house to myself.  When I had finished dressing, I was amazed how comfortable I was….  like I really belonged in a skirt, blouse and pantyhose.

I didn’t really think too much about it, but I knew normal “guys” shouldn’t dress in the opposite clothing.  I didn’t understand what the fuss was but… Oh well.

I did most of the guy things, like baseball, football, hunting and fishing.  Plus I got sexually curious about girls/women in general.  I graduated H.S. and went into to National Guard to get electronics training.  I came home and married my H.S. sweetheart.

I crossdressed as often as I could, but was still in the closet with friends and family.  But, as I got older, it increasingly became aware that being a guy wasn’t as fulfilling as it once was.  I was not whole.  My problems started to grow and by the time I was in my 30’s, I started to have bouts of depression , I was in a very dark place for quite a while.

I had to retire at the age of 51 due to a heart attack I suffered.  Man, talking about almost being suicidal.  So, I told my regular doctor my problems.  She referred me to a Therapist and after about 2-3 months suggested that I could be at least bi gendered.

I now feel much better about myself after starting HRT and coming out to my wife and daughter.  It was a rough couple of years for my wife and myself but we have made it through.  I understand that a great percentage of marriages break up over this kind of problem.  Thank God, mine is still intact !

XO

Aria

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?