Reply To: What advice would you have for transgender women my way!just getting started?

As an “old girl” having began my rocky journey in 1979 and having had “the op” in ’86 I would advise all those contemplating or beginning their journey to be firstly honest with the GP. Don’t hold anything back. The same for your psychiatrist’s sessions. I suppose it might be slightly different for U.S. girls but essentially we all have to jump through the same hoops and face the same pitfalls. Clothing wise don’t go all flowery and be prepared for some sniping. You must have a thick skin girls, or you’re never going to make it. If you are misidentified ignore it, often it’s done to draw reaction from you. I’m 5′ 11″ tall and slim. Hard to keep a low profile when stand out. There’s a song by an English group of the 60’s called hold your head up woman I played that through my mind for solace. I recommend it, you can get it on the ‘net. As your body develops you’ll feel easier in your mind and the comments get less and less. Now, aged 73 yrs. I hardly ever get noticed negatively. It’s great feeling. Over here in Staffordshire where I am it was pretty rough at the beginning but nothing worthwhile is ever easy as the man said. Of course there’s loads more to my experience of transition but you girls have already experienced some of it or will do as your journey progresses. Well, thanks for reading. Remember to hold your head up woman.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?