Reply To: New Here, Questioning

Hello Ashley    You are not alone in your feelings and confusion.  Just about every one of us has had the same problems.  We have seen Psych’s  MD s PHD s trying to understand  and get a grip on what is going on.  I made my decision to transition  based on how I felt proceeding as a male as opposed to how  I felt as a female.    I felt happier as a female, felt more confident as a female. Felt more alive as a female.  I made the decision to transition based on those things that made me the happiest.

Unfortunately  after starting the transition process I went of the HRT  and had a very bad reaction to the hormones that we have to take to proceed forward  in the process.  You must face that fact that to transition is a long term life changing experience.  I tried and was not able to do it so I went back to having to live in the male role . It was devastating to me and has taken years to adjust to.

You may not have that problem but you must prepare yourself for the possibility of being successful and accepting the long term changes and life changing events  ( Like Breast Augmentation and Electrolysis ) to create the new you.   Unfortunately  I had to stop  early in the process and have accepted.  But on the same note you must be prepared to accept the things you need to do to be successful. not just NOW but as you get older. !!   over 50  or 60.   But there is only one person who can make the decision  YOU and Only YOU.   We can advise  we can reassure  we can give you a shoulder to cry on and a sounding board for your questions.   But it will come down to the basic question   ..  WHAT WILL MAKE YOU THE HAPPIEST ??     And no one can help you with that. !!

good luck  Reach out to me if you want to talk more

Elayne  ( Ted )  Edwards

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?