Reply To: I recently dicovered I’m trans, and my whole world fell apart

Welcome Liza,

I am a very mature transgender person.   I use the term in the broad sense of a non-binary person.    I have never had absolute clarity about my gender identity…only the very early sense that I was different, a long time apprehension that by giving in even a little, I might slide down that slippery slope and feel compelled to live full time as a woman.  The conflicting interests and vaguely amorphous gender identity probably had some adverse impacts on my mental health…but I still seem to have managed a reasonably decent, if imperfect, life as a husband, parent, sibling and professional.

Dealing with family, conservative or not, can be challenging.   A partner may be accepting or rejecting…regardless of other ideological positions.  While too many people are intolerant in general and in particular, we can be surprised by who accepts up personally, even when they may seem deeply intolerant to gender variation in strangers.   Sadly, the reverse can also be true.

I do think that you, as a younger adult, should allow yourself some room for self discovery and experimentation in how you choose to live…risky as that may sound.   That process may help you clearly decide how much you are willing to risk and perhaps help uncover those in your life who have the capacity for acceptance.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?