Reply To: Sexual census. Q:

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Functionally, friendships are very different from romantic relationships. Who we go to lunch with may have no bearing on who we sleep with. In some cases there can be coincidence and in others, not. It depends.

Last month, on March 9th, I spoke before a gathering in recognition of International Women’s Day. Interesting that you used the term “embraced” as I said something quite similar. The particular excerpt is:

“At the end of January 2016, we retired and relocated to Cathedral City. I became active in various groups and currently hold office in 5 organizations. I didn’t plan my entrance into the women’s community here. In all honestly, I  didn’t  really  think  about it. I think I was afraid of the reception that I  would  get. All that changed when I met Lucy and Gail and Ruth Debra. Lucy and Gail invited me to a meeting of Your Women’s Circle and I eventually joined. Ruth Debra invited me to an OLOC meeting and I eventually joined. In both situations, I was  VERY  surprised. I felt embraced . I have no other word for it. There are many others that I could mention, but it would mean that we would be here for a while.”

Beyond these women, I could easily name another 30 or 40 with whom I have great relationships. However, these are all friendships without any romantic overtones in either direction.

Regarding raw data, if one were to parachute into Palm Springs with no knowledge of the rest of the country, it would be easy to think that the rest of the country was quite LGBTQ friendly. However, we know that this is not the case. We’re each dealing with a unique set of circumstances that may, or may not, be replicated elsewhere…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?