Reply To: My Transition Story

Thanks for all the positive feedback to my life’s story and encouragement to continue. I left off when I was diagnosed as being trans. For the next year or so, nothing really big happened. I continued seeing my therapist. One thing that was different about me than what seems to be the usual story for trans people is that I didn’t dislike being a boy. I loved sports. I loved playing sports especially softball and basketball and going to games with my dad and older brother. We especially followed the local college team. But somehow being a boy just didn’t seem to be the real me. As I got older I remember hearing my friends at school talking about what they wanted to do with a good looking girl. I didn’t want to do something to that girl. I wanted to be that girl. Whenever I would see a cute girl I felt like why can’t be like her. When I saw a boy holding a girls hand or having his arm around a girl, I felt jealous of that girl. Meanwhile my sister being 2 years older began to develop and I was really jealous of that.  Every day I thought about some day being a girl now that I knew that it might be possible.

When I turned 11 my therapist asked me if I was really serious about being a girl and I said yes. She said then it is about time we began to take steps to make that happen. So the therapist scheduled an appointment with my parents to discuss this with them. The therapist said that the process would be long and hard and expensive. I would soon be starting puberty and the best time to act was before puberty started. She explained about starting hormone blockers. I realized this was a big step that I didn’t want to jump into without knowing more about it and my parents agreed to look into this. My brother was totally against it and told me that I would be giving up being a man and all the benefits of being a guy. My sister thought it would be cool to have a little sister and she became my biggest supporter. Since I was now dressing as a girl a lot at home, my therapist wanted to see me dressed as a girl so she made an appointment to visit me at home with me dressed. When she did, she was impressed. So to make a long story short the decision was made and approved by my parents to start the process. I saw a medical doctor that resulted in me starting hormone blockers and I no longer got haircuts. Well I need to go so this seems like a good place to stop.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?