Reply To: My Transition Story

Well to continue my story. So the decision was made for me to transition full time in the summer after I turned 16. That included going to school as a girl. Like I mentioned above, my family had discussed this with the school principle and others who needed to know about me and it was decided to have two restrictions. I would not take gym class and I was not to go in the girls bathroom – instead use the women’s room in the office where the office workers knew about me. A lawyer helped get my name legally changed. My doctors, of course, knew about me, but we also had to tell my dentist and eye doctor. Luckily my mom told them, but it was still scary when I went in for my dental and eye checkup that summer. I usually wore contact lens, but we had to get a pair of glasses for girls and ditch my boys pair. I would also need a much bigger wardrobe of clothes, shoes, etc. As a boy I only really wore a couple of different shirts, sweatshirts and shoes. For a girl it is very different. Most of my clothes were hand me downs from my older sister. I needed my own clothes. What a delight (with my sister and mother’s help) to pick out what I would need to begin the school year.

We moved into a new house and neighborhood just before the school year had ended so most of my boy clothes were donated to Goodwill with just enough left to get me through the last days of school. After school ended, those clothes also were donated. I was now wearing girl’s clothes full time. But thinking back now, in some ways that wasn’t the best time to make that radical change. It was the time for summer clothes like shorts that I could not wear because of the obvious bulge between my legs. All my clothes had to be chosen with that in mind. No tight jeans through the crotch, wearing a top over jeans that “hid” the bulge.

The other big thing that happened that summer is that a girl my age lived across the street from our new house. We met and would become my friend that proved very beneficial. I got to meet her friends that would be some of my classmates when school started. I was completely excepted by them as a girl. I realized that girls talk about very different things that boys. Boys talked mostly about sports and girls, but in a different way than girls talk about girls. There was one day that several of us went to the Mall. After a little shopping, we sat down and just “people watched.” A lot of the focus was on watching for cute guys, but also watching the teenage girls – some they knew, but most they didn’t. In that situation, boys would comment if they saw a cute girl or one “who was built nice.” But the girls I was sitting with, were critical of the girls they saw. Like ones they knew that they thought had put on weight or they didn’t like their hairstyle or too much makeup, etc. It actually was a valuable lesson for me to learn how different girls view the world that what I was use to as a guy. One very potentially embarssing came up when one of the girls had a swimming party that I was invited to. Obviously I couldn’t do that, so had to decline.

It is time for bed, s I better stop again.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?