Reply To: Comming out to others

Hi Keleth, hopefully I can offer some advice based on my recent coming out to everybody in my life. After some very deep thinking and recollection of how long I’ve known I was different, I realized I had to let the world know I was transgender. I also came out where I work. I personally told those closest to me and then used social media to reach almost all those I considered friends and acquaintances. At my workplace I personally reached out to over 100 people including all admin staff and let them know I was transgender and wished to transition while working. I was accepted, affirmed and encouraged by all the staff and have been working there fulltime as a woman for over a month. The responses I received from my social media announcement were mostly all positive and encouraging as well, there are those who have not responded and have not been heard from. This is when you find out who your friends really are. I have to tell you that dealing with family was hard and will almost always be the most difficult hurdle, but one that must be taken care of. I have several family members who now refuse to talk to me as a woman, that is their choice and their problem, not mine, I have to get on with my new life.
Keleth, I know it seems scary and quite daunting, but telling everyone is really the only way you will successfully “come out”.

Best wishes on your journey!

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2022 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.