Reply To: Where Shall I Begin my Journey?

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Maika:

You found us! Very Good!

No, you are not late. There are many here who stated MUCH later. My public coming out was in 2015 at the age of 67. However, I have no plans to do hormone therapy or affirmation surgeries.  If you want to understand my path, there is a video of a speech that I gave earlier this year under Recent Articles with the name: From THERE To HERE…

Anyway, there are various risks in trying to do hormone replacement therapy on your own. Some things need monitoring in order to avoid any long term damage. Working with a doctor, often an endocrinologist, is a great way to get a handle on what you need to do from a medical perspective. Many find that working with a therapist experienced with gender issues to be very helpful. The human mind often will respond in such a way as to avoid confrontation and lower stress levels. That’s what makes thinking about serious, life changing decisions very difficult. A therapist can help you to stay focused on what needs to be thought about. Many also find it very helpful to connect with the local trans community for social and emotional support. I suggest doing a search for transgender resources in your area.

You may search for other members in your area by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

I encourage you to complete your Profile page as it helps others to understand you and your situation…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?