Reply To: National Center for Transgender Equality

Lauren Mugnaia
AMBASSADOR

This is a very interesting topic that presents itself to me at this time. I am the site supervisor for security at a British Columbia Government Ministry Building. Three months ago I came out to the people in the building that I was transgender, told my story, and said I wished to transition while at my job. The response was 100% in favor of my doing that and since that time I have been working there as a woman named Lauren, pronouns she and hers. I’ve had so many people come up to my desk, telling me that they shared my story, that it had a profound effect on someone, and that it needs to be shared with more people. Lately I’ve had more people tell me that I am “being watched and followed by many”, that I am a role model for a transgender woman. I am in a very visible position where I work, seeing and being seen by hundreds of people each day. I greet each one of them, which often leads into a conversation asking how things are and how am I doing. I am actively participating as our Trans Ambassador during Pride Month.
On Monday I received a call from a university professor who is the curator of “The Transgender Archives at the University of Victoria” which is the “largest transgender archive in the world”. The collection is located at the University of Victoria. He wants to meet with me and possibly do an interview. He says I am in a very unique position as a favorably viewed and active trans woman in a very visible public location. I had always planned on being “out and proud”, and a public voice and example of what a trans woman is and what she can do. I don’t know where this is going to take me next, but it is certainly becoming an interesting time.

hugs,

Lauren M

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?