Reply To: Long time no talk!

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Charlie:

Glad that you are doing what you need to do! We can’t always do exactly what we need, but it continues to be a goal to work towards. Sadly there are political forces that are dedicated to denying us, but the only thing to do is treat it as another hurdle.

In the 80’s (geez, ancient history!) I did programming work for 6 years, using Fortran, Basic, DATAtrieve and discrete event simulation with the GPSS/H and AutoMOD languages. A couple of expensive manufacturing system mistakes led to using simulation to begin to understand system throughput issues and how to address them. I worked for what was then Libbey-Owens-Ford Co. (now Pilkington NA). In 1990 I transferred from our Technical Center to a plant in Illinois. I got drafted into working on a quality assurance system for the plant. I believe it was the 1st desktop publishing work in the company. Our VP of Research was keen on getting Macintoshes into the company and shortly after began the work, a IIci and color monitor showed up in my office. Although I had no background in quality systems, in 18 months we went from the last of 7 plants with a 35% score to the 2nd of 7 at 85%. In ‘92 I joined Corning, Inc. and retired from there at the end of January 2016.

I’ve lived in cold country all my life, so when I retired we moved to the SoCal desert. My wife and I both have health issues that are exacerbated by cold winters, so it was time to go. She is originally from the Los Angeles area, so this was close to coming back home for her. The front of our house faces due west and over the tops of the houses we can see real mountains. That is an extremely rare for a native midwesterner!

I’m not sure if I have heard of your hometown before, but what it does is remind me that we ARE Everywhere! That always makes me feel REALLY Good. Thanks for that reminder!

Be Well!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?