Reply To: Questions About Advice & Counsel…

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Claire:

Rarely are there any easy answers to the situation you describe. As the phrase goes: “It’s complicated”. The thing is that there are differences and nuances in all our lives that makes just about every situation unique.

However, typically I suggest finding a therapist who has experience with gender issues. I’m not sure what you mean by “start the process all over again”. If you could see the same person again, I would think that all of the notes would still be in place and it becomes a matter of catching up from the last visit to current times. If you saw a different person, I’m not sure how information would get passed to the new person. I would hope that it would be like changing medical doctors where your medical history gets transferred, but I don’t know. Administratively I can see maybe having to go through a requalification process, but that likely varies between medical coverages.

There are 2 other things that I often suggest. I see that you live in Kentucky. Depending upon where you are, there may be some support groups close by. Also, as a result of COVID, many support groups started having online gatherings. Some have continued in that form and others may have adopted a hybrid structure: in person and online simultaneously. Try a search string such as “transgender resources near me” and see what comes up.

The other thing that you can do is search the membership to see if there are any other trans people close to you. Perhaps you can find someone who is willing to talk about their experiences, what your situation is and what is going on in your area. Click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?