Reply To: What were you feeling when you began Hormone Replacement Therapy?

Dana Munson
SILVER

I just began HRT today (disregarding a few months chugging phytoestrogen caps).  My first visit with my endocrinologist since I came out. I had chatted with him online a month or so before the appointment and revealed my new trans status. He was kind and supportive, but indicated that, because of my age (69), traditional HRT was likely off the table. So I was resigning  myself to whatever concentrated phytoestrogen could do, plus eventually implants. But today . . . a minor miracle happened. The doc prescribed spironolactone and told me that in about 5 months or so, we could look at an orchiectomy. And a few months after that, around the middle of next year, he said he would be comfortable with prescribing estrogen!  He said “topical,” so I am guessing thats a transdermal patch or something. But I nearly jumped out of my chair . . . real “girl juice”!!!!!!  I was able to pick up the prescription this afternoon and, having just finished lunch, I downed my first pill. I am on my way!!! Wheeeeeee!!!!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?